Patient Safety (online ISSN 2641-4716), Vol 3 No 3 published September 2021.
Vol. 2 No. 4 (2020): Patient Safety-December 2020
Vol. 2 No. 4 (2020): Patient Safety— December 2020
Our December 2020 issue is now available to read and download at no charge.
Each issue features the latest evidence-based research, thoughtful commentaries and editorials, interviews with healthcare leaders and safety advocates, and powerful patient stories.
- An in-depth study of variables associated with wrong-site surgeries in Pennsylvania, demonstrating that this “never event” still happens all too often
- An interview with Queen Quet, head of state of the Gullah/Geechee Nation, about life on the Sea Islands, overcoming racial disparities in healthcare, and more
- A focus on sepsis, a severe condition that is difficult to distinguish from the flu and COVID-19
- A polio survivor who never had the choice to take the vaccine shares her struggles with the aftereffects of the disease since she contracted it in childhood
- Researchers delve into wrong-patient errors related to health information technology
- A timely look at risks involved with using prone positioning to treat patients for acute respiratory distress syndrome, a common complication of COVID-19 and other infections
Thank you to our authors, peer reviewers, editorial board members, and Patient Safety Authority staff, who all play a part in the success of our journal and in advancing patient safety everywhere. Patient Safety is fully open access (no subscription fees or author fees), so please consider sending us your next original manuscript and sharing our journal with your colleagues, students, families, friends, and patients. Together we save lives.