Vol. 2 No. 2 (2020): Patient Safety Journal - June 2020
Vol. 2 No. 2 (2020): Patient Safety — June 2020
The June 2020 issue of our journal, Patient Safety, is now available! Read it online at no charge or download a PDF version at PatientSafetyJ.com.
Each issue of Patient Safety delivers new evidence-based research and data analytics, engaging editorials, inspiring stories from patients and families, and interviews with healthcare experts and advocates.
- “DX: Crisis”–a timely discussion with SaraKay and Stanton Smullens, MD, concerning clinician burnout, depression, self-care strategies, and COVID-19
- Two additional perspectives on how the pandemic is affecting patient safety: a commentary from William Wenner, MD, and a study of COVID-19–related event reports throughout Pennsylvania
- Ann Green shares “How Hospice Saved My Mother’s Life”
- Researchers look at in-hospital substance use
- An overview of serious events and incidents reported by acute care hospitals in 2019
- A study on denture impaction events along the gastrointestinal tract—the first of its kind
Thank you to our authors, peer reviewers, Patient Safety Authority staff, and editorial board members who help make this journal possible. Patient Safety is fully open access (no subscription fees or author fees), so please consider sending us your next original manuscript. We always appreciate you sharing the journal widely among your friends, family, colleagues, students, and patients. Together we save lives.