Patient Safety (online ISSN 2641-4716), Vol 3 No 1 published March 2021.
Vol. 2 No. 3 (2020): Patient Safety - September 2020
Vol. 2 No. 3 (2020): Patient Safety — September 2020
The September 2020 issue of Patient Safety marks the first anniversary of our journal! Read it online at no charge or download a PDF version at PatientSafetyJ.com.
Each issue features the latest evidence-based research, thoughtful commentaries and editorials, interviews with healthcare leaders and safety advocates, and powerful patient stories.
- An interview with Dr. Tejal Gandhi and Dr. Jeff Brady about the recently released National Action Plan for Patient Safety in the United States
- A global look at innovative solutions to patient safety falls
- A timely examination of how process breakdowns contribute to delays in recognizing, treating, and preventing the spread of respiratory infections, like the flu and COVID-19
- A social worker raises awareness of intimate partner violence, a serious problem that gets worse during periods of isolation
- A survivor of COVID-19 shares his hospital experience and recovery from the disease
- A researcher takes a close look at nonsuicidal self-injury among children and adolescents
Thank you to our authors, peer reviewers, editorial board members, and Patient Safety Authority staff, who all play a part in the success of our journal and in advancing patient safety everywhere. Patient Safety is fully open access (no subscription fees or author fees), so please consider sending us your next original manuscript and sharing our journal with your colleagues, students, families, friends, and patients. Together we save lives.